2011. szeptember 14., szerda

The Body Farm

Yesterday a new BBC crime drama series kicked off. I was startled first noticing that the whole series will be about body farms. After coming around the idea, I was curious which perspective would the makers choose. Obviously, they may have chosen another, a more fascinating point of view to present the notion of body farms, but they have focused rather on the investigation part of the story.


The team built up by four members. One of them, Oggy, which immediately reminded me of the cartoon, is a bit on edge, has to take medicament in order to deal with his psychological (?) problems. He seemed as he were the grey matter of the team, his character sometimes has Sherlock Holmes-like sentences. There is an afro-american girl, who helped to push the investigation farther and sticked to the her ideas. That much about the younger side of the team, I think, is enough. The older generation appeared a bit different. The man is more like an obedient type, his character is a bit flat compare to others. The woman, so to say, the leader of the team is Dr. Eve Lockhart from Waking the Dead. Therefore, the series is a spin-off.

Personally, I found it more interesting if the creators let more gory pictures/scenes into the first episode, but nevertheless, it was worth to watch. I just hope that the tiny hints that were insinuated throughout the episode will be clarified, specified because the idea is splendid.
I am looking forward to the other episodes. According to the BBC, it will last for six episodes, that is for sure. I hope you do not mind that I did not write anything particular about the first episode. My main aim was to recommend this series not to ruin it with spoilers. Beneath actors are talking about the series, I cannot find a proper trailer.


Nincsenek megjegyzések: